Pathway to Success
(Click image to download the qualification brochure)
If you're seeking a secure and rewarding future, you need look no further than a career in accounting. Becoming an accounting technician is a great start to a rewarding career.
AAT: The Indispensable Element
Accredited Accounting Technicians (AAT) are dynamic and professional people who are the backbone of business. They are vital to the smooth running of business and are well-recognized by the Hong Kong Institute of CPAs and employers.
The AAT qualification – your first step in your accounting career
The AAT qualification will give you professional credibility and status, increasing your opportunities for career progression and placing your among the accounting technician elite. The letters AAT after your name will show that you have:
- successfully completed the AAT examinations, professional assessment and have the required practical experience
- a genuine commitment to keeping your skills and knowledge up-to-date throughout your career
- achieved an internationally recognized level of competence
- are a member of a well-recognized and prestigious professional accounting body
The AAT qualification offers many opportunities for you to take your career further. Under our Reciprocal Membership Agreement, members of the HKIAAT can apply for the membership of the UKAAT. Closer to home, AATs can develop their career by taking the Professional Bridging Examination (PBE) which qualifies them to register as students of the Hong Kong Institute of CPA's Qualification Programme, heading towards a CPA designation. AATs also receive advanced standing for a number of bachelor degree programmes.
New Qualification Framework (NQF)
The HKIAAT's new qualification framework is designed to meet the needs of the broadening role of accounting technicians to help them better support our finance and accounting professionals in the dynamic business world. Under the NQF, an HKIAAT member is required to comply with three key requirements: knowledge requirements, values requirements, and practical experience requirements. .
How can I become an AAT?
People aged 16 or above are eligible to register as HKIAAT students and take the AAT examinations. Upon completion of the AAT examinations, professional assessment and with one year's practical accounting experience, you can join HKIAAT as an Associate Member and use the AAT designation – your passport to a great future in the accountancy profession.
Get the latest news of the qualifications?
Join our Prospective AAT Club and you can enjoy exclusive privileges from the Club. Click here to submit your information.
1. The Club is for prospective candidates only. If you're a teacher, please join our Teachers' Club.
2. Exclusive privileges include:
- Enjoy free club membership.
- Be associated with the reputable accounting bodies.
- Join our seminars, company visits, career talks and various professional networking activities for free or at special rates.
- Receive the HKIAAT e-newsletter , with its important updated information on the HKIAAT and the accountancy profession.